Lance Stroll is not taking part in today’s final practice session at the Nurburgring. His Racing Point team have said he is unwell.Sergio Perez’s car in this morning’s practice session for the Eifel Grand Prix.
Stroll participated in the media sessions which were held at the track on Thursday. No running took place on Friday due to adverse weather conditions.
The team said in a statement: “Lance Stroll is not feeling 100% this morning and will therefore not participate in final practice.”
Under F1’s rules Stroll or any driver who may be chosen to replace him must take part in today’s qualifying session in order to be able to race on Sunday.
“His condition will be assessed after the session to evaluate whether he is fit to drive, at which point the team will confirm plans for quali,” the team added.
Nico Hulkenberg has previously appeared as a substitute for Racing Point this year. He drove in both events at Silverstone as a substitute for Perez, who tested positive for Covid-19.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 Eifel Grand Prix
- Renault “not scared of anywhere” in remaining races
- Bottas “needs a miracle” to overturn Hamilton’s 69-point lead
- 2020 Eifel Grand Prix Star Performers
- Leclerc sees ‘quite a few positives’ in Ferrari’s Nurburgring weekend
- Mercedes relied on DAS “more than ever” at cold Nurburgring