Formula 1 Management’s new version of the official F1 App has provoked complaints from fans over changes to the live timing screens.
However some fans who have downloaded it have complained they are no longer able to see all 20 drivers at once on the live timing page.
A series of one-star reviews of the app on Google Play included complaints the app has been “dumbed down”. The official F1 help channel on Twitter has fielded complaints from angry users demanding refunds.
“We’ve done some changes to the App Live timing section,” it confirmed in one Tweet. “It was changed to showing only seven drivers at a time.”
The new version of the app appears to show up to 10 drivers at once depending on the device being used:
The previous version of the app allowed all 20 drivers to be viewed at once:
According to FOM the latest version of the app also features a new race hub, new video hub, expanded driver and team biographies and improved push notifications.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year