Formula 1 could be in for a rain-affected weekend at the Hockenheimring for the German Grand Prix. While the track action will begin in sunny conditions, the weather is forecast to change overnight on Friday.
Practice will begin in hot and sunny conditions on Friday. Air temperatures are forecast to hit 29C, close to what we saw at Silverstone two weeks ago, with sunshine throughout most of the day. Track temperatures should climb to the mid-to-high forties.
However a change in wind direction from north to south overnight will bring a temperature drop of around 5C and could even spark a few thunderstorms on Saturday. Rain could arrive early enough to affect the final practice session, which starts at noon.
Temperatures will recover slightly on Sunday but the risk of rain is expected to remain. The weekend’s cooler, wetter conditions are expected to be a temporary break from otherwise very warm weather – the post-race forecast is for sunshine and 30-degree heat.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 German Grand Prix
- Vettel quickest, then spins, as Ericsson escapes huge crash
- Hamilton says the quality of his German GP drive was “missed” by TV coverage
- Sainz wants simpler Safety Car rules after penalty
- Stewards right not to give Hamilton “harsh” penalty – Ricciardo
- Alonso backs McLaren over tyre gamble he disagreed with