Asked during today’s press conference whether he still intended to finish his Formula 1 career at Ferrari, as he has said before, Raikkonen said: “I don’t know really.”
“I said I think it was 2007 already I would finish with Ferrari and obviously at some point it didn’t look like that and now it looks like that again. You never know what after and this and that.
“Let’s see. As always [there’s] a lot of talk, I don’t really have a lot to comment. Everybody will see at some point what happens, including me.”
Raikkonen added he is not setting a deadline to confirm his plans for next season. “I think I’ve been in this situation many times,” he said. “For sure before next year we will know, it’s a pretty normal situation.”
Ferrari is rumoured to be considering 20-year-old rookie driver Charles Leclerc as Raikkonen’s replacement. The Sauber driver has impressed by scoring points in four of the last five races.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year