Lewis Hamilton said he was “really happy” with his first race for Mercedes.
“I think it’s way better than we probably ever expected for the first race of the season,” he said after finishing fifth in the Australian Grand Prix. “It’s a good place to start.”
“We’re going to have to go back and figure out why we were losing time to other people but I think the guys have done a fantastic job for us to have the pace that we did.
“The car was feeling really good so I don’t know how the other guys were pulling away so quickly. But we’ll keep pushing and hopefully we’ll get there.”
Hamilton added he was encouraged by how long he was able to run on the super-soft tyres at the start of the race: “I had a really good first stint, I went as long as anyone else, if not longer.”
“I just don’t know where we lost so much ground, I have to go back and review.”
2013 Australian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2013 Australian Grand Prix
- Raikkonen wins first 2013 Driver of the Weekend poll
- Positive rating for first race of 2013
- Red Bull and Mercedes not the only ones resorting to team orders
- First Predictions round won by Prateek727
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei